Certification reciprocity can be a complicated topic and one that requires thorough research to examine and validate a program. Essentially, reciprocity is an agreement between IFPO to recognize credentials issued by another organization. Certification reciprocity outlines which qualifications IFPO will accept from another organization. Candidates must have successfully completed a certification in Homeland Security with curriculum deemed equivalent to any of the IFPO Critical Incident Series:
- Certified Critical Infrastructure
- Certified Domestic Terrorism
- Certified Crime Scene Managment
- Certified Critical Incident Protection
- Certified Critical Incident Manager (WMD)
- Certified Public Information Officer
- Certified Latent Print Examiner
Payment is required for an evaluation of your existing certification and supporting documentation.
All supporting documentation must be submitted to IFPO Interactive via the drop box on this site. Please read the requirements for each IFPO certification to make sure you meet the prerequisites. This may include:
- Driver’s License/identification
- Military record(s) (if applicable)
- Copy of appropriate certification
Click here to upload these pre-requisite materials.
Upon completion, candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be granted reciprocity and issued a certification. The certification will be good for two years. Renewal guidelines are listed on this site.